To date we've identified the need to build quality relationships, to balance our roles in this world and to clear away stuff that clutters our lives. However, in this me-centered world, it may be a surprise to think about the following: others are important too.
Today, reach out and thank someone meaningful in your life.
- A coworker who makes the work day more enjoyable (or bearable :-)
- Your child for telling you a story about their day and making you laugh
- An "A" friend who doesn't need to hear it because they already know it
- An online friend (that you may never meet in real life) but who does provide substance nearly every day to your real life
- A parent for still loving and supporting you (not literally, hopefully)...even after the childhood days when "they couldn't own nice things" because money was tight or for fear of the kids breaking it, those crazy teenage years for whatever you did, the early adulthood years spent figuring this whole adult thing out, etc.
- Your spouse for ___ (specific to their love language and how they express it...such as "saying 'I love you' before we go to sleep", "hugging me when I talk about a difficult part of my day", or even "taking out the trash so the kitchen won't smell")
Until next time...Take Care Of You!
Copyright © 2009 by tcoyou.com | all rights reserved
What are your thoughts on this topic? Leave a comment and let us know!
You should follow me on twitter. There's even more good stuff on there about Taking Care Of You and you will get to know the personal side of me as well. Thank you for adding your Twitter identity to the guestbook on the right so we can check you out!
Enjoy what you read at Taking Care Of You? It's easy to receive free updates by email or RSS.
Click SHARE to help spread the word about TCOYou.com. Please and thank you!