In the realm of taking care of ourselves, there are a variety of different yardsticks to determine how we are doing.
- Are we nourishing our body physically with a balanced diet and adequate water intake?
- Do we provide ourselves with time for rest and regeneration?
- Are our emotional and mental well-beings as well taken care of as our outsides?
- Is self-care genuinely being shown through our actions?
- Can we describe our life as balanced, fulfilled and worthwhile?
So, here are my results. Ready to show yours?
My Score = 32
30-39 You know how to take care of yourself. Now to do it consistently. Here is an Excel checklist you can use to track your daily self-care. Feel free to add or remove actions to suit your personal needs.
Below are the areas where I am currently growing. These are my "weak points" and show that I am not perfect at this important task of taking care of myself. If you are strong at math, you can guestimate that most of my other results were in the 4-5 range. Overall, I'm doing pretty well and feel proud of myself!
1 pt =
- I exercise at least 5 days a week for 30 minutes. (I do not like doing "regular" exercise, not one bit.)
- I love my haircut, my nails look great and I love everything in my wardrobe (I always find it hard to make the time to spend money on myself.)
- I get together with a friend at least once a month and enjoy hobbies regularly (I could blame my friends because they are always too busy to make the time for themselves as well and join me! LOL)
- I take care of my body by getting 7-8 hours of sleep every night (not a problem), brushing and flossing my teeth twice a day and eating at least 5 fruits and vegetables a day.
What I do want to stress is that this isn't a grade on a test you are talking about; it's your life! All the wishing in the world isn't stronger than a single action step. I have tremendous faith in you. You are growing your inner awareness and learning to focus on Taking Care of You...because you can do it better than anyone else. Now is the time to determine your weaker areas and take action!
Until next time...Take Care Of You!
Copyright © 2009 by tcoyou.com | all rights reserved
Enjoy what you read at Taking Care Of You?
It's easy to receive free updates by email or RSS.
Is a question lingering on your mind? What are your thoughts on this topic? Leave a comment and let us know.